Friday, June 27, 2008

The waiting continues

Hello, everyone!  Unfortunately, we're still waiting for news of a court date.  A couple of other families from our agency received a court date of July 10.  We rejoice along with them, but can't help but be a bit envious.  At least one those families travelled to Vlad on their first trip after us, but timing is unpredictable in international adoptions.  Things don't always go in order.  We have been very disappointed in the St. Louis staff from our agency because they are never able to explain the delays.  That seems absolutely crazy to us in this world where instant communication is at our fingertips.  Speaking of instant communication, another family in Vlad picking up their newly adopted child has been kind enough to inquire of the Vlad staff about our case and send us e-mail updates.  As far as we know, Russia's government social workers in Vlad are working to finish up our boys' paperwork and we should have good news of a court date very soon, hopefully within a week or two.  Our agency coordinator has told us to hold off on updating documents that are soon to expire, which seems encouraging.  We both agree that this LONG wait has been the most difficult thing we've ever had to deal with.  We have our ups and downs, usually one of us is positive one day and the other of us is a bit down.  So we take turns encouraging one another.  We had hoped to have the whole summer at home with our sons, but the Lord's timing is better than ours.  Thank you for your continued prayers for us and our boys.  We are thankful that, even though we are apart, they are well taken care of by the wonderful caregivers that they have in Russia.  Please also pray for the other families who are waiting for referrals, travel dates and court dates, as well as those who have recently completed court and will soon bring their children home.  Hopefully we'll have more news soon!

9 comments:

Meghan, Bill and Nick said...

Joel and Clarion,

Wow, I can relate to your comments and frustrations with the wait for court. The lack of information regarding delays also definitely adds insult to injury. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and will keep checking back for the good news that hopefully comes quickly.

Meghan

Anonymous said...

Joel & Clarion,

We are counting the days with you and wait for the next post that says you are on your way to Vlad. God's blessings to you all!

Love, Aunt Jan & Uncle Eddie

Bill and Myra said...

I will keep checking back for news on your court date. I still wish they would take families in order of their wait. We understand the frustration - we had to update our psychiatric evaluations with no notice!

I will continue to pray for you and your children.

Myra

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm praying for your court date. I can't imagine the long separation. Waiting just one month to go back was hard enough. Keep on the St. Louis staff. Sometimes I think they did a quick turn around to get me off their backs (HA HA) but I seriously envisioned them with my photo on the wall and several darts!! In the meantime rub Dodger and Dandy and pay them some extra special attention!! Give them a pat from me as well!

Shane and Kathy Gebhardt said...

I'm so sorry..... I just got back to my internet (because I was away all week). Your blog was the first one that I checked....as I am really hoping that you get your court date soon.

I completely understand the wait. It's really frustrating! And...it's so crazy that it can't be more predictable with paperwork and information. I definitely had some HUGE frustrations with our agency and delays that occurred in our situation.

All in all, we all know that God's timing is perfect. I know that it's hard to understand "why" right now...but hopefully, you'll see the reasons as to "why" someday. Hang in there......

We are praying that your 2nd trip is soon.

God's Blessings,
Kathy

Children's Hope International said...

I hope you hear some good news very soon. Know that my heart is with you and I can't wait to see you united as a family!

Jennifer N.

Adrienne, Another Ordinary Miracle said...

Joel and Clarion,

I still remember the pain of the waiting. We waited 4 months between our trips, and it was the hardest time of my life! I missed my Owen so much and wanted him home more than anything in the world. We don't know why it can't happen faster sometimes, and it can be so frustrating, can't it? I pray that you receive your court date very soon. I have a feeling you will!!

Please give our love to Irina and Lana when you do. I'd love for them to see Owen's latest photos! He has changed so much in the past year. It feels like we were just there with them. Time will fly by when your boys do get to come home!!! Hopefully very very soon!

Adrienne

mimi said...

You and your sons are in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the update. You are special parents and keep God smiling. Your sons are very blessed to have you as parents.
Cousin Mimi and Alan Hildebrandt

JennyM said...

I understand your frustration! We have been waiting over 6 months now and it is NOT fun. We just had to re-do another document and send it in. Sometimes I feel like the St. Louis staff has their hands tied as far as getting information for the families waiting for news. I think they only have 1 person now who can translate Russian. So...they have to wait for a message to come in and then wait for it to be translated before they are able to share it with families. We are learning that our rep in country is not very speedy with getting news back so that doesn't help matters either.

It sounds like you should be hearing something about a court date soon. You will be in my thoughts and prayers