Tuesday, June 03, 2008

No More Paperwork???

Today my (Joel's) FBI background check report came in the mail. Clarion's arrived last Saturday along with both of our Missouri background checks.  Everything has now been notarized and turned in to our agency.  They will have all of the documents apostilled and sent off to Russia this week.  We should be done with all of our paperwork updates now!  What's next?  More waiting!

Clarion is in California this week visiting her sister and getting away from it all.  I am at home taking care of the dogs, cleaning up the basement, and getting ready to teach a summer course here at Concordia Seminary in Biblical Hebrew.  It's nice to have something to keep me busy!

We are definitely very anxious!  Each day brings hope for a call that we have a court date.  Please keep us and our boys in your prayers.  We hope and pray that the boys know that we are coming back for them soon.  Please pray also that we get a court date before our medicals and psych evaluations expire (mid-July).  Our prayers are with all of the waiting families and their children!  God bless you all!

Love,

Clarion & Joel

7 comments:

The Greens said...

Hi Joel and Clarion,

We are thinking of you and hope that you will have your court date soon! We can't wait to hear that you are back in Vladivostok with your boys!

Take,

Helen, Rich, and Roman

Anonymous said...

Joel & Clarion,
We are so glad to hear that one more milestone has been passed, and we are in great hopes that your next posting will be that you are off to Vlad. to bring the boys home.
Our prayers continue for your family to be reunited soon.
Love, Aunt Jan & Uncle Eddie

Shane and Kathy Gebhardt said...

Ugghhh....I was hoping to get good news when I clicked onto your blog. Hang in there.....God's timing is perfect and everything will work out.

We are definitely praying for your family. We understand the wait...and we hope that you can return soon.

God's Blessings.

Kristin said...

Thanks for the update! I check your blog frequently, hoping for more news! I'll keep praying.

Carey and Norman said...

God bless you as you wait. I know how hard those last few weeks can be. You ask a gazillion questions from your rep and look at the phone all the time. You even check missed calls just in case you didn't hear it or feel it vibrate.

I will keep you in my prayers as I know you are ready to return.

Bill and Myra said...

I'm glad Clarion could get away from it all - Bill and I know how hard the wait can be. Today is Friday - I keep hoping that we will hear about court dates today! I will continue to pray for you and your children.

Myra

Carolynn and Steve said...

Hi Joel and Clarion!
Thanks for making contact with us--it's good to know that there are other CHI families out there, and that things are slowly but surely moving forward for you! We'll be praying for you and that you hear from Russia soon about your court date.

Much love and joy!
Carolynn and Steve