Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Lord, help the time pass quickly!

Throughout the LONG periods of waiting in the journey of international adoption, one of our prayers has certainly always been: "Lord, help the time pass quickly!" Well, He certainly tends to give us things to keep us busy. Yesterday it was a snow day.

I (Joel) just spent the weekend in Houston where the temperature was in the upper 70s. Even in St. Louis, the temperature got into that 70s range on Sunday. But then, on Tuesday...SNOW DAY! What do you do on a snow day? Well, if you're Joel and you have bronchitis, you sit home at the computer all day catching up on work (e-mails, planning, etc.) then read all of your favorite adoption blogs. If you're Clarion, you play outside with your dogs in the snow, then cozy up with them in the recliner and study some Russian.







Also, to help pass the time during the waiting period, I have received a call to serve as pastor of a congregation in Southwest Missouri, about 4 hours from St. Louis. For those of you who don't know, I am a pastor. I have served as a parish pastor in Wyoming and in Texas, but for the past almost three years I have served on staff at the Seminary from which I graduated in 2000. In our church, the Lutheran Church--Missouri Synod, when a pastor receives a call to another congregation, he takes some time and prays for the Holy Spirit's guidance in where he should serve. Anyway, that's where we're at. We'll be adding that to our prayers over the next few weeks. If it is the Lord's will for us to move, then we will wait until after we've come back from our second trip and have brought our boys home. We welcome your comments and especially your prayers. God's blessings to all of you who are waiting!

In Christ,

Joel & Clarion


3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shane and Kathy Gebhardt said...

Wow! What exciting news! Being a fellow Lutheran, I understand the call process and will definitely keep you in my prayers. I hope that your wait is short and you can return to your children soon as well.

Take Care and God Bless.

Carey and Norman said...

I'm so glad to finally catch up on your blog. I love having Vlad families to talk with via our blogs. How fun for our children to have connections to other children from their region.

I hope your wait is short and you can be reunited with your boys quickly. The wait is hard, but it is true when people say that once your child is with you the wait seems to disappear. Not that you can understand this until you have your child forever (or I couldn't imagine having that feeling), but it is true. I will pray that you return to Vlad soon to bring home your boys.