Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Slav's First Day of School

Slav started pre-school today. He goes two mornings a week. He was very excited this morning as we prepared for the day. Slav ate breakfast on "the special plate" this morning in honor of his first day of school. The special plate was a gift from Joel's parents years ago to use whenever a family member has a special occasion, like birthday's etc. Now that we have children it will get a lot more use.


Slav has his own backpack and it was stuffed full of school supplies. His bear had to come along for the ride in the car. Here is a picture and video from this morning as we prepared to head out the door.





Mama, Papa and Sergei dropped Slav off together this morning. All went very well, except Sergei cried and cried because he wanted to go to school as well. He kept saying, "Go school." After a few minutes in the car, Sergei settled down and all was well. Mama picked up Slav a few hours later. The teacher had a good report. Slav was excited that he spoke English to the teacher. He sang, played and heard stories, among other things. On Thursday he'll have "show & tell" with his favorite Christmas gift. Good thing we have a couple of days to determine what exactly his favorite gift is.

5 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

So glad to hear that school went well. I know that always help ease your mind as you leave them. I loved Slav waiting at the door with his backpack on! Too cute.

Cindy said...

Oh! He is so adorable in those little glasses. I'm jealous that you all can communicate so well with each other. Vika and I struggle soooooo much in that area. It's frustrating. But she's so well-adjusted and comfortable in other areas, so I have to stop and count our blessings often.

Cindy

Bill and Myra said...

Wow - Slav's English is very good for the time he has been home! I am VERY impressed.

I am glad school is going well for Slav and the boys are doing well!

Happy New Year to you!

Myra

debbiemetzger said...

Happy New Year!!!!

I love the special plate, I may have to borrow that idea. I am so glad to see the boys doing so well. I think of you all often and you are in our prayers.

Danielle is doing great. We just had our first post placement interview, as I am sure you are doing as well. Each day when we drop David at preschool, Danielle wants to go to school too. She likes to carry David's backpack into his school for him.

Favorite Christmas gift and appropriate Show and Tell toy, that will be quite a decision for Slav.

May the LORD continue to bless your family.

Troy and Rachel said...

I'm so glad you had a nice Christmas! The special occassion plate is a fantastic idea - I may have to steal it!! I'm glad Slav liked school!!